This webinar reviews the draft criteria for the Reduction of Chemicals of Concern and provides the rationale behind the criteria. The Reduction of Chemicals of Concern criteria addresses lifecycle considerations that safer products and manufacturing processes, including:
- Minimizing or eliminating the use of key substances of concern in products through robust chemicals management;
- Inventorying and disclosing the chemicals used within products and processes;
- Utilizing chemical hazards assessment to identify safer substitutes for chemicals of concern;
- Identifying and reducing chemicals with high hazard impacts used in manufacturing processes; and
- Reducing substances of concern in packaging
In addition to establishing threshold requirements for products, and packaging, the criteria increase transparency through requirements for disclosures on product composition, to enhance purchaser choice. The Sustainable Use of Resources criteria are globally relevant, with incorporation of various internationally recognized best practices.
The draft criteria for Reduction of Chemicals of Concern are open for a 60-day public comment period, closing September 12, 2022. This webinar reviews the process for submitting public comments on the criteria.
- Erica Logan, Director, Sustainability Criteria Development, Global Electronics Council
- Rachel Simon, Senior Manager, Technology Assessment and Resource Development
- Jessica Evans, Director, Standards Development, NSF International
- Greta Baragar, Sustainability Standards Lead, NSF International
Please Note: You must turn off your popup blocker for our website or the recording may not load.