Global Electronics Council (GEC) manages this program, including the Conformity Assurance Bodies that provide third party verification of manufacturers’ EPEAT claims.
Manufacturers are able to register products under EPEAT based on the devices’ ability to meet required and optional EPEAT criteria that address impacts across the full product lifecycle including design and production, to energy use, recycling and repairability. Bronze-rated products meet all of the EPEAT required criteria. Silver-rated products meet all of the EPEAT required criteria and at least 50% of the optional criteria, while Gold-rated products meet all of the required criteria and at least 75% of the optional criteria.
The EPEAT Registry is a searchable website that lists the products currently meeting EPEAT criteria.
EPEAT For Procurement
EPEAT is an easy-to-use resource for identifying and purchasing sustainable IT products.
Here are steps to move the needle on your organization’s sustainability goals using EPEAT:
Search the EPEAT Registry for free
Require your vendors to provide EPEAT-Registered products
- Work with vendors to identify cost-saving EPEAT-Registered products
- Download model policy and contract language
- Specify EPEAT in purchasing contracts
- Require vendors to report on EPEAT-Registration status for all sales
Get Recognized as an EPEAT Purchaser
- Apply for an EPEAT Purchaser Award
- Access additional Purchaser Resources
- Contact us for questions
Track and measure progress
- Use our free guidance on including EPEAT purchases in GRI and CDP reports
- Calculate cost-savings
- Calculate environmental benefits
To get started using EPEAT today, contact us.